Implementation period: October 2015 – February 2017
Project partners: Centre for European Security Studies (Netherlands), Centre for Democratic and Participatory Governance (Belgium)
- Enhance the skills and knowledge of Moldovan MPs and staffers on the subject of post-legislative scrutiny and to provide recommendations for institutionalising a tailor-made post-legislative scrutiny procedure for Moldova
- Raise awareness with Members of Parliament and parliamentary staff on the oversight role of the Parliament of Moldova in post-legislative scrutiny, including by discussing best practices from a number of other jurisdictions which are relevant to Moldova;
- Build consensus on the usefulness and added value of the role of the Parliament of Moldova in the area of post-legislative scrutiny, including by discussing what the Parliament of Moldova wants to achieve through post-legislative scrutiny;
- Provide guidance on the scope and working approach of a pilot project on postlegislative scrutiny in Moldova;
- Implement a pilot project on post-legislative scrutiny for a limited number of pieces of legislation;
- Identify lessons learned on methodology, resources and parliamentary procedures required for effective post-legislative scrutiny;
- Develop and introduce policy recommendations for Parliament and Government to enhance post-legislative scrutiny.
The project was implemented with the financial support of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.