Implementation period: October 2016 – June 2017
Project partners: National Youth Council from Moldova, RockIt Academy
- Strengthening citizens’ involvement in the design and implementation of civic initiatives in the Republic of Moldova.
- Facilitate public involvement for 24 social innovators that will generate and carry on towards implementation 4 innovative civic initiatives
- Expand the existing network of professionals involved in the design of civic initiatives through the PMAN.md public participation platform
- Increase the awareness of up to 100.000 citizens in the Republic of Moldova and abroad, through social media, regarding involvement opportunities offered by the public participation platform PMAN.md
- Organization of a Social Innovation Camp, introducing to Moldovan civic activists VR technology as a tool to promote their ideas. Six teams, totaling 24 people participated in the event.
- Improvements to the www.pman.md page and social media communication campaign to raise awareness of the opportunities provided by the website.
- Trainings for about 50 civic activists on crowdsourcing and crowdfunding.
- Mentoring for 4 civic engagement projects.
The project was a great opportunity for PMAN to strengthen it’s offline community and to give concrete examples of how people within our society can mobilize themselves and realize good and useful projects together. At the beginning PMAN project was based only on the online platform but it was lacking engagement because people were expecting the platform to offer them some magic solution. Instead – with the current project we worked alongside more than 50 young people and trained them on how to build and run projects in small teams. We taught them that not all projects require grant funding – some of them can be done via crowdfunding and/or crowdsourcing. This practice was well received by the trainees and they managed to implement some of the advice / tips that our trainers and we gave to them.
To find out more about the activities of the project visit the project website at www.pman.md
The project is implemented with the financial support of the National Endowment for Democracy.